Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sean Cruz busts another illegal Sergeant's tow!!

Brazen daylight grab thwarted!!

Portland, Oregon—

I caught another Sergeant’s tow driver attempting an illegal heist of my neighbor’s car from his designated parking spot yesterday afternoon.

The Sergeant’s tow-jacker was in the act of telling the neighbor that his car didn’t have the proper tag and he was therefore impounding the vehicle when he saw me coming and changed his mind about going through with the tow, just like that!

We’ve been down this path before, and Sergeant’s towed a tenant’s vehicle from its designated spot back there, in clear violation of Oregon statute, just a couple of weeks ago.

I informed the neighbor about his rights under Senate Bill 431 (2007), to wit: If your rental or lease agreement provides for a designated parking spot, then they need your permission before they can tow the vehicle. This is the law!!!

This law has been on the books for more than two years now, but Sergeant’s is counting on (your) lack of awareness, continuing to make illegal tows all over town.

It’s a tough economy for predatory patrol towers, too….

Remember, the entire organization runs on commission. I understand that the new rate for towjacking your vehicle is a ransom of $240, plus whatever other fees they can pile on.


7 comments:

Rev. Michael said...

I as at a local hobby shop for an event being held there, and that same tow company starting towing cars from the lot saying they thought the cars were parked illegally from one of the bars up the street. Yet the shop had th eopen sign on, the lights were on, and there were over 50 people inside.

Thankfully the club president(the local club was having the event with the shop), came out and tore into the driver, and made them return ALL cars(including mine) at no charge. Seargants are nothing more then a bunch of animals.

I want to know when people and organizations are going to get it through their heads that a contract does NOT override the law. I can have a contract with you that allows me to beat you up without consequence yet if I do I'm still going to jail.

Ron Kopald said...

My pickup truck got towed from right in front of my house last night, with my parking tag visibly displayed. I walked through the neighborhood looking for the contact information of the tow company, Sergeants, and could not find it. I had to call the police to find out that my truck had been towed. I called Sergeants and asked them what my infraction was, and they said that I was taking up 2 spaces. I asked them for photographs, and they said that there was nobody in the office that could help me right then. I get towed in my own neighborhood for parking! The parking spots don't block anything! Not a fire hydrant, not a street, nothing. Infuriating.

Unknown said...

Very interesting blog giving the details about a good

Anonymous said...

Well, in this situation, towing should be regulated to avoid this kind of situation. If there are legal towing service there the corresponding illegal towing service.

used car sales edmonton

Unknown said...

Well, in this situation, towing should be regulated to avoid this kind of situation. If there are legal towing service there the corresponding illegal towing service. seattle towing

Unknown said...

Well, in this situation, towing should be regulated to avoid this kind of situation. If there are legal towing service there the corresponding illegal towing service. seattle towing

jade said...

Thru Is known as the the islands for another male supplement scam artists. cash for junk cars